Armed Forces Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crew Dogs hardware/software

Go down

Crew Dogs hardware/software Empty Crew Dogs hardware/software

Post by Beetle Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:36 am

I'm a little bit ghetto.
I use adobe photoshop elements 6.0 for the mac. Its not an ideal program for cartooning in that I have to take the long way around to do very simple things. Even on a good day a comic that should take an hour or less takes me about and hour and a half to two hours. But then again I am cheap and I don't want to drop the cash on a better program, so there you have it. On the other side of the coin photoshop elements comes for free with just about every drawing pad you order and it will hardly burn a hole in your wallet if you're looking to get started.
So the lesson there is if you're interested in giving comics a go and you want that digital look you can start off with elements just to see if its the right thing for you and upgrade later. (I didn't but I'm stubborn)
I also use adobe dreamweaver to post the comics to my site. I know many others use comic press and I am impressed with the layout of their sites and the freedom they have to upload comics at any time and the website will automatically update. I'm sure there is a way to do that for dreamweaver too but I haven't found it yet. One thing Dreamweaver does give me is absolute freedom. Its a little bit tricky to figure it out but once you do you can mess around and create a layout unique to your website. I went through three different versions of Crew Dogs until I settled on its current look and I wasn't bound by a standard layout at any time. If you're looking for that kind of freedom and you don't mind the initial growing pains (or if you are already familiar with website design) then it is a great program. If you are technology-handicapped and just want to draw you might want to shop around for something a little less demanding.
Beetle
Beetle
Contributer
Contributer

http://www.thecrewdogs.com

Back to top Go down