Armed Forces Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour

Go down

Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour Empty Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour

Post by Tim Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour Bookcover
[size=150]Anchors Away: The USS Kessler Tour[/size]
SNEAK PEEK

Release Date: December 10, 2008
Estimated Price: $30.00
Dimensions: 9x7 Landscape
FULL COLOR
300 DPI High Quality Print
Appx. 120 Pages

Contents to Include:
  • Full page color graphics
  • 80 Comics in total, including:
  • The entire USS Kessler Tour
  • All guest comics
  • 5 Never Before Seen Comics
  • Main Character Service Records
  • "The creation of Petty Officer Boyde"
  • Sketch Art
  • Fall 2008 Sneak Peek

Something to look forward to:
The transition pages for each section of the book are full 9x7 bleed color scenes, such as an aircraft flying in front of the sunset, the USS Kessler sailing by, or Boyde doing something really stupid. You'll definitely get your money's worth!

Preview Pages
Here are two pages for you to look at and preview.
Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour Page12
Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour Page55

Ordering
Our publisher accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and PayPal, as well as Debit and Check cards.

Shipping
You do not have to ship it to yourself! If you are purchasing it as a gift for your loved one, a sailor in your life, or your friend, boss, or co-worker, ship it to them for Christmas! Our publisher, lulu.com, does ship to APOs/FPOs, and any books ordered before December 12th are guaranteed to arrive by Christmas via standard shipping! Expedited shipping is available!
Tim
Tim
Contributer
Contributer

http://www.navycomic.com

Back to top Go down

Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour Empty Re: Anchors Away!: The USS Kessler Tour

Post by Tim Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:37 pm

I posted this to let you guys into my little world; Basically, the book is being done in Adobe Photoshop CS2, and it's full color, although, I will also be publishing the book in black and white too for a lot cheaper; Black and white is $10.00 and color is $30.00. The black and white version will only be 100 pages and is basically just a collection of the comics with all the "fat" trimmed.

For die hard fans however, or a great gift, the $30.00 book is the way to go. This sneak peak is the $30.00 edition.

I will be using lulu, and 9x7 seems to fit my book the best. Basically, Lulu is a good solution because for starters their books are great quality, no minimum orders, you don't have to order a stockpile and try to sell them, and my personal favorite- they have good customer service!

I'm doing my book in Photoshop CS2, basically, every page has it's own gigantic PSD, so, now, the big job of transferring them all into 1 PDF is going to be challenging. I might just save them all as PDFs and combine them using some sort of Adobe software; not sure yet.

I only have about 10 pages left; which are basically the last 10 comics yet to be made...and, one more thing, I realized that if someone's paying $30.00 for a comic book, they aint gonna want blank pages, so I'm working on some funny filler, not really comics, but just graphics/scenes in FULL COLOR bleed to fill up the pages and give somebody a good laugh; of course, featuring my usual characters.

Very Happy
Tim
Tim
Contributer
Contributer

http://www.navycomic.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum